Wednesday, August 12, 2015

My first golf outing!

Yesterday was my first time golfing. I have to admit I had a lot of fun. I have had very little practice and instruction. I went to the driving range a few weeks ago. Reuben showed me how to swing and grip the club. I learned very quickly that I needed Reuben to literally put me in the correct position so I could feel the position I was supposed to be in. I can't just watch him and then do the same thing.  I practiced with a six iron. 

The plan was to go to the driving range again last night but they were closing early. So I swung a driver a couple of times. Then Reuben said we should just go ahead and play 9 holes. I thought, what the heck, why not. 

On the first hole, I made it in the hole in seven strokes. Not to bad for my fist time. I always hit the ball towards the right. I also have a tendency to hit the top of the ball. Reuben does a great job of telling me what to think about or what to do differently. The first couple of holes were great. Then we had a group come up behind us. It stinks to feel rushed. Things definitely started to fall apart then. So I would just pick up my ball and play near Evan's ball. 

It feels good when I hit the ball well and it's rewarding to see the ball fly through the air in the right direction. It's also so much fun to spend the evening with my family. The boys are so cute playing golf. I am looking forward to many more golf outings with the handsome men in my life

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you told me about this! very excited to see what you guys are up to. :)

    ReplyDelete