Monday, August 3, 2015

La Crosse, Wisconsin

On Thursday, we packed up and headed west to LaCross to Aunt Mary's house. It was about a four hour drive. When we arrived Mary was heading out to go to Rosemary's wedding dress fitting. She invited me to come along. I enjoyed getting to see Rosemary's beautiful wedding dress. She will be the most elegant bride. While we were gone, Reuben took the boys golfing. That evening Debbie, David and Kylie and cami arrived. We ate pizza and sat around talking all evening. Mary had kites for the kids to play with and her backyard  is like a playground.  Oh, I forgot we also went to see tommy play softball. 
On Friday the girls went shopping and the boys went golfing and visited grandpa George.  We met up in the afternoon for ice cream at The Perl. That evening everyone came over to Mary's for a grill out. 

Saturday was the family picnic. We drove to Dodge to the sportsman club. I enjoed the drive. We got to see all the big farms and the most scenic views of crops on rolling hillsides. Great-grandpa George loved seeing the boys. As always we enjoyed visiting with everyone. I loved talking to great-aunt Jean. The chicken and food was amazing and the kids loved the games and water balloons. 
On Sunday, we woke up early to start the drive home. On the long drive home I thought about the fun we had, how much we cram into a few days and before we know it, it's time to go home. Reuben's aunts, uncles and extended family are the most welcoming, down to earth people you'll ever meet. I wished we lived closer to be able to visit more often. We'll be back in two years for the next family picnic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment