Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Beau the boxer

I was looking through old posts and realized I haven't mentioned getting a dog. In march 2014 the first weekend of spring break we decided to check out an animal shelter to look at dogs. I wasn't completely ready to buy a dog yet but we wanted to start looking. 

We went to Animal Friends in Hamilton. They have a very nice facility. They had a variety of dogs to choose from but they also had a lot of pit bulls and pit bull mixes. We walked down one isle and down he other. Both Reuben and I came back to the same dog. He is a small male boxer with brindle coloring. He was not barking or jumping on the sides of the enclosure. We got him out of the enclosure and walked him on a leash and played with him. I think we all fell in love with him right away. 

We brought him home and the rest is history. Beau is the best dog. He already knew basic commands like sit and stay. He is definitely a pack dog. He stays with us wherever we are in the yard. He has never run off, even when people walk their dogs by the house. 

He is ours and we are his. We love our Beau boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment