
Sometimes I forget that I used to be very competitive. I always enjoyed the rush of adrenaline. As an adult I've lost a lot of that competitive spirit. Today we took the boys putt-putting. They love to play "golf", and everyone knows how much Reuben loves to golf. It seems that every time we play putt-putt, I'm able to win or score close to him. Today was no different. I was leading by two stokes after nine holes. Now I did have the advantage of going second and watching Reuben hit the ball. So the back nine or so I went first. Reuben was able to get two strokes on me. We ended the match with a tie. It was fun to tease each other and feel that competitive nature come back. I love Reuben so much. I love to spend time with him. He is my best friend. I look forward to the days when the boys are old enough for us to make a foursome and play the game of golf. But for now I will enjoy making Reuben frustrated while playing putt-putt. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment