I've been thinking about setting some goals for this year. We had a lesson on setting goals at church today. I will list some of the questions the teacher asked us to think about.
1. What are the non-essential things that clutter your days and steal your time?
2. Does the time I spend ____ enlarge or restrict my capacity to LIVE, LOVE, and SERVE in meaningful ways?
3. What are the unfinished or un-started things that could add vigor, meaning and joy to your life?
4. What are the habits you may have developed that do NOT serve a useful purpose?
Spiritual goals
1. Attend the temple twice this year. ( For the past 5 years we have only gone once a year. To be realistic I am saying I want to go twice this year. Hopefully we will go more than twice.)
2. Have a Family Home Evening lesson at least once a month.
Other life goals
1. Teach my kids about "work". They are getting to the age to have age appropriate chores.
2. Preparation. I need to be more prepared for many things in my life. I need to especially prepare meals and make sure we have the groceries in the house to do so. Tuesdays are great days for me to go to the grocery store without kids. We can plan our meals on Monday night for the next week.
Thank you for posting the questions from class. It gives me something to think about. I might use this same group of questions when posting our goals for the coming year. Love you!
ReplyDeleteShe gave us a whole page of specific questions. She also gave us part of a talk by Joseph B Withlin called "5 Keys that have been a blessing in my life"
ReplyDelete