Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas day





Today was so relaxing. After opening presents the kids played with their toys and I began making a breakfast casserole. My mom stopped by to see the boys and see what Santa had brought them. She stayed and had breakfast with us. We enjoyed having her over. During her visit we decided we all need a healthier lifestyle. I want to start working out twice a week. We'll see how that goes.

Then Debbie and David came over around noon and brought tones of snacks and treats. They polished of the casserole and we snacked all afternoon. The boys had received Nerf guns from Great Aunt Linda and Santa this year. So Reuben thought it would be funny to shoot everyone with the Nerf gun. So of course it was all out war. We had six guns, one for each of us. The family room and dinning room were covered with Nerf darts. If anyone peeked through our front window, they would think we were either totally crazy or tones of fun. Jared and Megan stopped by for a visit. Jared got to join in on some of the dart gun war. It was so funny to hear everyone laughing.

Today was the first time in 10 years I served dinner for our family on our fine china. (I have used them for bridal showers.) We always go to our families homes for holidays so I have never cooked a meal that I felt warranted using our china. So, since we stayed home for Christmas day this year, I told Reuben I would make dinner and serve it on the china and use the nice silverware. Dinner was delicious and beautiful on the china. Hopefully during the next 10 years I'll find more reasons to use it.

As the evening came to an end, we played a game of Coodies with the boys and then sent them to bed. Then David, Debbie, Reuben and I played Sequence. David and Reuben dominated the game. After that I think we were all ready to wind down for the night. We said our good byes and Merry Christmas and finally the house was quiet.

I am so thankful for our families. We are so blessed to have both of our families close to us and so involved in our lives. We look forward to the day my dad returns and is home for good this time. We miss you dad, Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment