We started off the day going to brunch. Then we went to Cabelas to buy some camo for me. We headed to the farm around 3:30. The weather was amazing. The farm was beautiful with the leaves just starting to turn.
We changed our clothes and headed into the woods. When we got to the tree stand we prepared to climb the tree. Reuben went first. Then I started to climb the ladder sticks. Once I got to the top I could feel the tree swaying in the wind. I stood there with my arms around the tree not wanting to turn around. I finally settled into position and enjoyed watching the squirrels playing on the forest floor.
About an hour and a half into the evening a small eight point buck appeared right before my eyes. He grazed for a few minutes and left. The sun began to set. The view was picturesque. We noticed two young bucks. They were across the fence line about 200 yards away. They were digging, eating and sparing. The sun finally dropped and the Bucks headed our way. They walked down a gully and back up the hill toward us. Once the two bucks came up the hill we noticed a third buck. He was a big boy. Reuben wasn't sure if he would be able to see through his peep in the low light. He drew back on his bow and dropped the pin.





No comments:
Post a Comment