Saturday, October 4, 2014

The Craft Show

For the last four years I have gone to the Lakota Craft Show in the fall. I always find unique crafts or gift items.  This year the boys wanted to go along.  In the past I have bought them hand made toys.  Lindsey and her kids came also.

We started off with "the talk".  "Do Not Touch Anything", "Look with your EYES." Over all the kids did great.  After we walked through the first room the boys saw a group of teenage boys walking with wooden guns in their hands.  The boys got supper excited.  And of course the hunt was on for the booth that sold them.  We had gotten separated from Lindsey and the kids when we found them.  The boys were so excited.  A couple of older ladies saw their excitement and asked me if I thought the ping pong ball would hurt if they were shot at someone.  I told her, "I honestly don't know".  She looked at the boys and said, "Shoot me!".  They giggled and then shot the lady in the thigh.  She said you could feel it but that it didn't hurt.  We were sold.  I pulled out some cash and bought two.  Then we just had to find Laney and Samantha and get them to each buy one too.  Then they could have ping pong wars.

I was able to find the booth where I had purchased a Halloween decoration last year.  The lady that made all of the decorations said Halloween is her favorite holiday.  We told her that we like spooky decorations.  She mentioned mummies and I told her that if she made a mummy we would be first in line to buy it.  Logan loves mummies.  I hope next year we can add to our collection of Halloween decorations.

Now that we are home the boys can't wait to get over to grandma's house to play with the kids.  I hope no one shoots their eye out.

No comments:

Post a Comment