I forgot to take a before picture. This picture from this winter was the first one I found.
I have to say, Reuben is pretty good with a chain saw. I was really worried the tree would land on our neighbor's cars. They are never home and Reuben didn't want to wait for them to move their cars.
Our beautiful blue spruce tree got some kind of bug this spring. It went from a pretty green to brown and dead all over in about a month. The tree was taller than our house. We were afraid that with all the severe weather we've been having it could potentially fall. So Reuben decided to cut it down. This is the second tree we've had to cut down in our yard. A few years ago we had to cut down a giant willow tree. The house looks naked now.
Now the plan is to clean up and add landscaping. We also are going to rip out the grass/weeds and either seed or sod the front yard.
Good job Reuben. I bet your house does look completely different.
ReplyDelete